Thursday 18 March 2010

Summer Camp

So, I was listening to loads and loads of new bands a minute ago, and one sprang out of my speakers. They are called Summer Camp

I don't know much about them, but they are playing their first gig on the 8th April at The Lexington which judging by some of the comments being banded around on the blogger sphere should be quite an occasion.

They remind me of a more electronic Ooberman (if you remember those chaps). It might just be the male female vocals and gentle melodies.

There is also something about it that reminds me something old - not in a retro musical way but like looking at an old faded photo that had been in the sun too long and reminds you of happy times.

I am fully aware that I have just compared a sound to an object and it sounds slightly pretentious. I think I am right though.

No comments:

Post a Comment