Wednesday 23 December 2009

Advent Blog - Day Twenty Three - Orlando Maccabees Tracks Of The Decade

If you're anything like me then you will measure the passing of time by music - what your favourite bands were, what gigs you went to and what records you bought are all landmarks in life that piece together the past.

So, with the turning of a decade fast upon us it seems the perfect time to look back on what has been an amazing ten years of music. Between now and New Year myself and other people at The Old Queen's Head will be sharing with you our ten tracks of the last ten years - and asking you to suggest yours.

To kick things of though we thought we would invite a guest in to share those, and who better than Orlando Weeks, lead singer of The Maccabees, and also our Guest DJ for New Year's Eve Party!



I asked him to send me over a list of the most important tracks to him from the last 10 years and here is what he sent back.....

"All I can say about these songs is that they remind me of good things.
I think top 10s are fickle little buggers that change from 1 moment to the next but these all hold good memories and that will do for me!"

Love O x

Richard Hawley "The Ocean"


Radiohead - "Reckoner"


My Morning Jacket - "It Beats For You"


Regina Spektor - "The Flowers"


Franz Ferdinand - "Darts of Pleasure"


Arcade Fire - "My Body Is A Cage"


Interpol - "Slow Hands"


Animal Collective - "Purple Bottle"


The Walkmen - "The Rat"


The Caesars - "Jerk It Out"


************************************************************
Thursday 31st December
The Old Queen's Head
ZOO YEAR'S EVE!
FEATURING.....
THE MACCABEES (ORLANDO & HUGO)
MR THING
BRUCE WAYNE
TIDY RHYTHM
ALLY WOLF
8pm - 5am
£20 Advance Tickets From The Bar
Free Cocktail on the door before 9.30pm
ZOO ANIMAL FANCY DRESS!
http://www.theoldqueenshead.com
http://theoldqueenshead.blogspot.com/
************************************************************

1 comment:

  1. Now this time it isn't so extreme, because I just feel sort of discouraged. I use dumb bells only, and do push ups and crunches on a semi regular basis. Do I need to start walking too? Of course! I would think so!

    nintendo dsi r4

    ReplyDelete